Thursday 17 October 2013

Sept. 7 - Skiing @ Mount Hutt

Yes, I went skiing! I was a bit nervous to accept the invitation from my work buddies because I am pretty sure I was about 17 the last time I went skiing. Considering that's almost half my lifetime ago, I wasn't sure if the adage "it's like riding a bike" would apply.  However, I am in New Zealand and am committed to experiencing new things so I took the plunge! (literally, in a few instances)

As we started driving, it was hard to believe we were going to ski.  The grass is green, flowers are blooming, and it's officially spring in New Zealand.  But you can see some snow-capped mountains off in the distance.


Getting closer...



There was a lot more snow as we got higher into the mountains.






Looking out across the valley from the mountains. The plains were so beautiful! Kinda hard to tell in the picture though how green and fertile everything looked in the valley.


And then there was snow!!!



Putting on all our gear...

Don't I look pro?



Kelly Murphy
Ryan Pengelly
 And we're ready to rock'n'roll





Too bad there is no evidence of my truly fantastic spills.  I didn't fall too often, but when I did, I did it with flare.  We had a great day!  I am glad my work buddies are at the same beginner level as me.  Can't wait to go again next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment