Thursday 24 October 2013

Goodbye Substitute Lisa!!!

My dear friend, Lisa Pelayo, is returning home to her family in Sydney, Australia today after spending the past school year here in Christchurch attending university. We (myself, Brian, AND Ike) will miss you!

Now to explain "substitute".  What's in a name? In this case, everything!

As most of you know, my sister Lisa Crump and I are very close.  Back in the US when Brian was working nights, Lisa and I would often hang out so that I wouldn't be so lonely.  We took in movies, went to work parties, went to family events and just vegged out together.  

When we arrived in Christchurch, I didn't really expect to find another "buddy" that I could hang out with for some girl time and go to all the things that Brian hates (like chick flicks). Then I met Lisa. Lisa is the biggest softie under a tough exterior.  (Hopefully she's not mad at me for saying that, but it's the truth!)  That's all it took for me to find my 'bestie" here in Christchurch.  She reminds me so much of my sister.  We have gone to movies together, shared many meals and evening visits, and we even let Brian hang with us once in a while.  And she loves my dog.  

Now, before either of my Lisa's gets offended, one is definitely not a substitute for the other. I just think that the similarities in their personalities is one reason why I get along with both so well.  But, since those of you who know me and Brian well, you know that we like to have nicknames.  And substitute Lisa is just a fun way to differentiate which Lisa we are talking about. Plus it gets a rise and that's always fun too.

Thanks Lisa Pelayo for taking such good care of my little baby while we were back in the US. We will miss you a ton and hope you come back to Christchurch for university in a few months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment