Monday 30 September 2013

Yellowstone Part I: The 8 year quilt

Brian and I are currently back in the USA visiting family. Hip hip hooray!

During our recent trip to Island Park/Yellowstone with the family, my mom and I decided to work on a pinwheel quilt I started probably 7-8 years ago. I had taken the quilt to New Zealand with the intention of working on it in my spare time.  However, I cannot find a power converter that will work with my sewing machine, so I was forced to give up that thought.  

So back to the US came the material and my sewing machine.  I bet the FSA got a kick out of seeing a sewing machine in my suitcase.

Anyway, the pinwheels had been mostly made back around 2005. Now it's time to get started again...

Step 1: Set up everything




Step 2: Make sure the pinwheels are completed and start hooking four pinwheels together with sashing






Step 3: Rinse and repeat 42 more times! (Yes, that's a total of 168 pinwheels)



Day 1 Progress: 14 blocks completed


Day 2 Progress: 26 blocks completed



Day 3 Progress: All 42 blocks completed!!!




Thanks Mom for helping me. I could never have made it this far without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment