Monday 21 July 2014

No pain, no gain

Here we have another netball post. I have continued playing netball with my PwC team and I hope that I am improving. I definitely don't stand around as much now that I feel more comfortable getting involved. The main problem I have is figuring out how aggressive to be. Netball is not the same as basketball from a contact standpoint. You have to be 3m away from the shooter, you can't put a body on anyone. It almost feels like it's not a contact sport. Unfortunately, that usually means I'm not aggressive enough in trying to steal passes in my efforts to keep the appropriate distance. Oh well! It's getting better.

During a recent game, I was diving to intercept a pass (yes, I dove on the ground and I succeeded!). When I got up, my big toe on my right foot was hurting soooo bad. I thought I had just stubbed it, but it hurt so much I would have sworn it was bleeding inside my shoe. Unfortunately we don't really sub during the half so I had to work through it until the end of the game.

I took off my shoe and this is what I saw...



I know the picture isn't great, but that whole thing is BLACK! The things we do for sports.

It's been a few weeks and the nail is finally starting to fall off, but I keep taping it on when we play our games so that it's covered. Even though I've lost toenails from ballet in the past I think I've gone a little soft.

Good news is that we won the game, so the gain from the pain was totally worth it! Go team PwC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment