Sunday 26 May 2013

Of Teenage Wisdom

Two very important things we learned this weekend.

1. We are old.
2. We act like teenagers so it's okay that we are old.

How did we learn these two facts you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

We were invited to dinner on Friday night by a couple in our ward at a local Mexican restaurant. They brought their seventeen year old son to dinner along with another of our friends in the ward. While we were discussing various topics with our new teenage friend, he made the above observations.  When his parents asked what category they fell into see as a couple of 30-somethings are "old", he promptly replied that they are old like grandparents. Oh to be young.

At least it gave me a good opening line to the youth Sunday school class I taught today, but I would much prefer not being told I'm old just yet.

We did have a good time after dinner. We played a game on their playstation called "Buzz", which is sort of like the quiz night game (from my last post) or trivial pursuit. I think my favorite part of the game was the game show host. He was so mean! It was like having our very own Simon Cowell for every time we messed up. It was pretty funny. Brian won the first game and I won the second so our combined record for winning trivia games is still in tact. :)

All in all, it was a very fun evening (you know if Brian had a good time it had to be good!).

P.S. The Mexican food here isn't very mexican. For example, I'm pretty sure the chili con queso used goat cheese, which I liked for being different, but had no kick to it all all. I can't wait to come home for a visit in the fall and get me a good chimichanga!

No comments:

Post a Comment